Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Making mittens

Whoever said "the more you have to do, the more you get done" was absolutely right. I've been knitting this winter. Two projects done and February isn't over. The more nutty and stressful things get at work, the more I need my knitting. Here are two pair of fingerless mitts made for friends at work. Both are talented shooters who need hands free (and warm) for taking pictures.thanks to lydia for modeling.

these are for leslie, my rock 'n' roll superstar. i made these with my own hand-dyed worsted blend of lanbswool and mohair (brown sheep lamb's pride). the pattern is vancouver fog, at jen balfour's blog.

these are for liz, they're a crazy-bright teal worsted wool (brown sheep naturespun), pattern loosely based on the pair above, but with a less crazy cable pattern.

 here she is at work for the strib, modeling her new mitts.

No comments:

Post a Comment