Friday, August 26, 2011

good things


last weekend i was checking in with my pals at I like you, a fantastic handmade craft, clothing, and gift consignment shop in northeast minneapolis. and i was relieved to see that my yarn basket there was getting empty. perhaps the shorter days are calling folks back to the fuzzy, fibery projects that we tend to set aside during the summer. i replenished my stock with hand-painted sock yarn, a few skeins of kettle-dyed worsted and some handspun left over from my last show in june.

while i haven't yet been inside, i have peeked into the window of a sweet new shop at 38th and grand. Digs sells gifts, cards, craft supplies, designer fabrics and of course, my yarn! it's really awesome to be on a shelf with name-brand commercially spun yarn. crazy, right?

in closing, may i brag for a second? today i found out that i've been accepted into the HandmadeMN fall craft show. (The link goes to the roundup of last year's show.) And my yarn will be for sale at the textile center holiday show. i'll be new to both of these events so i am especially excited to be chosen. still waiting to hear about no-coast. i have my fingers crossed.

lots of stuff to be excited about and grateful for.


No comments:

Post a Comment