Friday, February 11, 2011

a quick charity project


What a fun project. Every year the Special Olympics collects handmade scarves for the athletes and coaches to wear at the games. The scarves are made by crafters alll over the globe to support folks from their home state. A couple weeks ago I got word from on of the knitters at the office that the Minnesota delegation needed hundreds more scarves. While I could only crank out one, some of these folks went nuts! We gathered yesterday for a meet and greet and took a few moments to admire all the fantastic scarves. If you'd like more information on the scarf project, check out the red heart yarn page with all the details. I gotta say, this was my first time working with the Red Heart and it was a lot softer that I remember. info here.

No comments:

Post a Comment