Monday, December 6, 2010

and just like that it was over

Me and Jennifer. Photo by www.waist2wrist.com

The big craftapalooza weekend was super fun and a great way to cap off my first real year of being a legitimate crafty business person. One cold afternoon last January I was soaking in the tub feeling a little sorry for myself, wondering what I could do to make the coming year a little more fulfilling than the last. A flash of inspiration popped into my head at that very moment. Apply for Craftstravaganza. And I did. There were about five days left before the deadline and I rushed to get all my paperwork in order to become a business. I was stunned to get in. And now, almost a year later I have done four craft shows. I am feeling very blessed.



The table was full!

I got good feedback on  my colors.

The candles were popular. Everyone loves to sniff them.

I liked getting feedback from other yarn geeks.

Wow. Just wow. I really don't know how to properly summarize the fantastic experience that was No-Coast Craft-O-Rama. Yeah, I sold a ton of yarn and candles, but it was more than that. I met so many interesting shoppers who were so incredibly passionate about their knitting and crocheting that they actually inspired ME to focus more on one of my favorite hobbies instead of just being so fixed on the production side of things. I got to spend a lot of time with my gracious friends Annie, Jennifer and Rhonda who all assisted me in the booth when it got busy or when I needed a bathroom break or a bubble tea. It felt great to also have the support of my coworkers. Thanks to Rick, Kathe, Kathleen, Cindy, Sarah, Jenna, Ben, Mrs. Barnes, Connie and Kim for seeking out my booth. It really meant a lot to me!  It was an exhilarating and exhausting couple of days.

Here is my haul from the show. Body products from the lovely Rachel of Lusa Organics, cute greeting cards from Lucky Nielsen, soaps from St. Paul Soap, a new orange! belt from Miss Alison and a recycled belt cuff bracelet from Waist2Wrist. I think I  made out real good!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that it went well for you. I love knowing that the vendors did well. I also enjoy an opportunity to get more yarn from you. Hat in progress.

    ReplyDelete