Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Four weeks to go

No-Coast is right around the corner and I am trying to be as productive as I can while still having a little bit of a life. I have no idea how much I will sell, no idea how much to make and no idea where I will get the energy to finish the enormous to-do list. There's a meet-and-greet this weekend at Midtown Global Market (the fantastic venue) where I hope to meet some of the other vendors and get the lay of the land... and lunch.

I feel pretty good about the amount of dyeing I have done (I am using Nebraska's own Brown Sheep Yarn exclusively for No-Coast. So far, I've worked with the Lamb's Pride bulky, Wildefoote sock and Naturespun sport weight. Now it's time to ramp up the spinning. I only got half a bobbin done tonight while watching Mythbusters before my tired hand cried out in protest. I'll do what I can but I'm not going to kill myself in the process.

On the candle front, today I ordered ten more pounds of soy wax, more cotton wicks and some festive "balsam berry" fragrance.  I hope it's nice... it's always a gamble ordering scents online. I try to use the most pleasant ones I can find, which is rather tricky since everyone's nose is different. One nice perk with my supplier, Peak Candles, is they always include a free one-ounce fragrance sample with each order.

I have some groovy new moo cards that I am using for yarn tags. The other side has spots for price, yardage, fiber content and gauge. I punch the corner with a hole-punch and tie onto the skein with a little string. It's pretty cute, right?

Punch a hole, tie on a string and Shazam! you've got a tag!




No comments:

Post a Comment